Tuesday 19 July 2016

Saskatchewan Part 2

This post isn't exactly how I wanted it, but I promised you guys. I had a slight emergency this morning (one of my cats is now at the vets with a possible broken leg, he thought he could fly this morning)so that is why the post is later than I had originally promised. Hopefully I can make it up to you guys with an awesome post later this week! 


_________________________________________________________________________________

Tanner was shorter than I had expected. Everyone had talked him up so much I was expecting a tall extremely good looking hunk of man and I was sorely disappointed on the height factor. What I really mean is he is extremely short. I'm barely over 5' (OK lets face it I'm only 5') and he isn't much taller than me. Although I'm short I prefer my men over 6', I need to have someone around that can reach the stuff I can't. Tanner was a cocky asshole, again exactly my type. If you factored out the height issue he was hot. Light brown hair, muscular body, chiseled features and gorgeous blue eyes.  If he had been taller I'd be drooling.

"Can I buy you a drink?"

"Sorry but no." I rolled my eyes and thought to myself- Here we go.

"Come on, why not?"

"I just prefer to buy my own drinks."

"Fine. Will you at least play a game of pool with me?"

"I'll whoop your ass in a round of pool."

Now I love playing a game or two of pool, but I honestly really suck. Some days I'm on fire and actually rock at it.My average game was usually a complete and total disaster, it was embarrassing. I was really hoping that today was going to be one of those very few good days, I need to back that sass up somehow.

" I doubt you will."

"Don't under estimate me."I fired back. I was more determined to play a good game now that he had doubts.

Fortunately I was having a great day, well a fantastic day (sorry I needed to brag a little bit about that).I was sinking almost everything, even making shots that were extremely difficult, well difficult for me. I think all the booze I had drank so far was helping to be honest.. I ended up killing it for  two rounds. Apparently loosing twice to a girl was enough for Tanner because he quit and went to sit down. I played a few more rounds with a couple of other people, losing terribly might I add, before I decided I needed to focus more on my alcohol consumption.

"Finally decided to quit eh?"

"Yea, the rye needs some more attention. Plus it seems like more people are clearing out now."

"You're right."

"Apparently I can only beat you tonight in pool. So quitting before I embarrassed myself further seemed like a good idea."

"I wouldn't say it was that embarrassing.... Never mind you're right it was pretty embarrassing."

Our conversation flowed easily from there. We talked about anything and everything. Things with Tanner was super comfortable and easy. I learnt that Tanner worked in the oilfield, owned three rental properties, but still lived at home (guys that still live with their parents is pretty big turn off for me because I am so independent, so he was now on strike two sadly). In general the only thing we had in common was our love for hockey and Dodge trucks. Not that I was even looking for any thing further than a few drinks and some conversation, I just don't do relationships anymore, casual or serious.  Next thing I knew Joe, the bartender, was putting a round of shots down in front of us.

"To new friends!" Joe sang out.

It wasn't until after all three of us took the shot I realized we were the only ones left in the pub. I was a little too drunk by now to care though.

"Josie, I closed your tab. The rest of the drinks tonight are on the house."

Oh boy I'm officially in trouble now- I thought to myself.

" I can't do that Joe. I need to pay for my drinks."

"Your only in town for one night, we want you to come back. I won't take no for an answer."

"Josie, jut let Joe buy you a drink or two since you wouldn't let me buy you one." Tanner piped up.

"Fine, but not too many! I need to be on the road early. OK well before noon."

One more drink turned into a few more. Then it turned into tequila shots. Eventually it led to being drunk enough that I was dancing on the pool table, and then the bar. Wild child Josie was coming out in full force. When I finally checked my phone to see the time I couldn't believe it was 4 am!


"Guys I really need to go, otherwise I will not be able to function once the sun comes up."

"Josie we are having so much fun though!' Tanner called out.

"Yea, what Tanner said!"

"For real. I have to be in Alberta in a few days and I want to be unpacked and settled before I start work on Monday,"

"Fine. But at least give me your number."

"Tanner just put yours in my phone. I only give out a fake number, and your town has the crappiest service ever." I handed him my phone so he could do just that.

"So how do I know you will text me."

"You just will have to wait and see."

With that I walked out of the pub to make the trek back to my uncle's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment